This months featured foodie for our first Quick bite of Lancashire food 2015 is Nicola Hanmer of The Mill at St Catherines Park. Nicola and her team are passionate about serving local seasonal food in this beautiful cafe supporting the vital works of St Catherines Hospice. Here is a link to an earlier post re The Mill.
On to our usual questions, which Nicola has kindly answered for us.
- What is your favourite cookery, food book or publication ?
Would have to be anything written by Nigel Slater or Elizabeth David
- What sentence sums up Lancashire Food to you ?
- If you weren’t doing what you do now, what would you like to be ?
- Which piece of kit could you not do without ?
- Who would join you at your ultimate dinner party and why?
- What advice would you give to your younger self ?
Always give your best and you will never have any regrets
- Describe your style in three words
Passionate, Loyal, Enthusiastic
- What was your latest foodie gadget purchase ?
Does a whole cafe worth of kit count, we recently bought a new kitchen & 60 covers of kit for our new Mill Cafe at St Catherines Park.
- What is your greatest achievement to date ?
Working for a charity thats very close to my heart and being able to give something back
- What is the worst mistake you have made ?
Someone who will remain nameless!
- Tell us a secret about yourself ? may be something we wouldn’t expect
I was a philatelist at school