What to make with courgettes from the garden for this season ? something quick, light and easy. These small perfectly formed beauties are going to marry with some button mushrooms in a quick pasta sauce with some cream friache. I use creme fraiche a lot in my cooking as it lasts so well in the fridge and has a lovely sharp twang to it that cuts the richness beautifully in sauces.
The other great thing is it uses loads of courgettes too, so when you are fighting a losing battle against your glut its a great recipe to have in your arsenal.The addition of thyme to the recipe cuts the richness of the sauce and brings a lovely herby note to the dish.
What you need
- Courgettes - thinly sliced
- Mushrooms - finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Creme fraiche
- Fresh thyme - chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese - freshly grated
- Pasta - we used penne
What you do
- Put your pasta on to cook in boiling water
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the courgettes gently until softened and they are slightly golden
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and continue to cook until the mushroom are tender
- Add creme fraiche to the pan and if you want a looser sauce a little of the pasta cooking water, add the fresh picked thyme
- Season with pepper
- Remove from heat and toss in the drained pasta
- Serve topped with freshly grated parmesan and more freshly ground pepper.
I am also entering this post in Lavender and Lovage's Cooking with Herbs Challenge