This handy little pudding is a great recipe to have in your collection, ideal when you want a warm dessert on the spur of the moment , using all store cupboard ingredients. I first saw this on youtube several years ago, just serve with your favourite accompaniment custard, cream, ice cream, yoghurt or creme fraiche they all work.
The secret is making sure that you have throughly mixed the dry ingredients before adding the wet ones. I use a fork to throughly blend the ingredients, it works perfectly everytime. I tend to make mine in a large soup cup. As you cook it in the microwave its also ideal in hot weather as you have no steaming pans or hot ovens to bother with.
What you need
- 4 tbsp self raising flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2tbsp cocoa
- 1 egg (free range)
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Optional extras , splash of vanilla, choc chips
- Mug or bowl
What you do
- Throughly mix the dry ingredients in your bowl / mug with fork
- Then add the rest of the ingredients , again mix throughly making sure you have no dry patches
- Microwave for approximately 3 minutes (900W ) until well risen
- Serve and eat !
Please note that this doesn't keep well and should be eaten almost immediately