I have been having fun today as I am one of the lucky bloggers to be chosen to take part in Tenderstem in Ten challenge, basically the challenge is to make a meal in 10 minutes or less with 10 or less ingredients which includes Tenderstem.
Tenderstem for those of you who don't know is a broccoli originally grown in Japan, that you can eat from head to tail, and it cooks in 3 minutes. Its a really versatile ingredient and given the speed of cooking is a healthy addition to any recipe. The Tenderstem website has loads of inspiration on it on how to use this ingredient.
I had great fun devising a recipe that would be cooked and ready in less than 10 minutes and achievable for anyone.
This recipe serves 2 adults and is flexible enough for you to free style with other ingredients if you so wish, you could add crushed garlic or finely chopped chilli.You could also subsitute another type of pasta as long it cooks in less than 10 minutes.
- Spaghetti ( approx 75g per person)
- Pack of Tenderstem
- Olive oil
- Ring of Chorizo - sliced
- Freshly grated paramesan - to serve
- Freshly ground black pepper - to serve
- Steam or boil your Tenderstem for 3 minutes
- Whilst cooking your Tenderstem, put your spaghetti on to boil for the time on the pack, mine was 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry off your sliced chorizo in plenty of olive oil, until the chorizo starts to go crispy and the paprika oil is mixing with the olive oil.
- Drain your broccoli and add to chorizo pan to keep warm, whilst your spaghetti is finishing cooking
- Drain spaghetti and add to the chorizo pan and mix well
- Serve sprinkled with freshly grated parmesan and freshly ground black pepper
- Done in 10 :-)