This month our featured foodie is Simon Mellin of Roaming Roosters, award wining Simon and the rest of the team are Lancashire suppliers of free range meats to across the country in their innovative meat packs, which started from humble beginnings of a free chicken farm. Simon spotting a gap in the market has grown the business, and Roaming Roosters now also has a delightful bistro (The Olde Spot) and cafe (The Hayloft) in addition to an education centre on site. A true Lancashire success story. Young Entrepreneur of the Year Simon oozes a passion for quality free range sustainable produce and their amazing venue is set in some stunning Lancashire countryside.
Why not pay them a visit and just between you and me they make the amazing scotch eggs !
- What is your favourite cookery or food book or publication?
- What sentence sums up Lancashire Food to you?
- If you weren’t doing what you do now, what would you like to be ?
- Which piece of kit could you not do without ?
- Who would join you at your ultimate dinner party and why?
- What advice would you give to your younger self ?
- Describe your style in three words
Relaxed, honest, down-to-earth.
- What was your latest foodie gadget purchase ?
- What is your greatest achievement to date ?
- What is the worst mistake you have made ?
- Tell us a secret about yourself ? may be something we wouldn’t expect !