I often buy ready cooked hot smoked salmon when I am out shopping as its a good fridge standby for a healthy quick meal with salad, its also popular with MR LF too. Most supermarkets and even some fishmongers normally stock a packed version alongside the smoked mackerel.
This dish hardly needs a recipe as its so easy and can be whipped up in minutes, from store cupboard and freezer basics, the dish is enhanced by using fresh from the garden fennel fronds, but if you don't have them dried dill or fennel will work almost as well.
What you need
- Pasta - macaroni or farfelle work well, gluten free if you like
- 1 pack of hot smoked salmon - skin removed and flaked
- Frozen petit pois or peas
- Dill or fennel - fronds, freshly chopped or use dried herbs
- Creme fraiche
What you do
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack, for the last 3 minutes add the frozen peas and bring back to the boil to finish cooking the pasta and the peas
- Drain the pasta and peas using a colander, return back to pan which now contains very little water and toss with 3 tbsp of creme fraiche and the flaked salmon.
- Strewn with the fresh dill or fennel fronds, and lightly toss
- Serve with a little freshly ground black pepper.
Delicious and so simple supper can be on the table in 15 minutes or less