I recently placed my first order with DelishFish on the recommendation of a number of other food bloggers, its a delightfully easy website to find your way around and gives good information about the different types of fish available, So I chose a variety of fish, all which arrived really quickly at the peak of freshness right to my door,the courier even called first to check I would be in to receive my delivery and John the owner tweeted me to check everything had arrived Ok.The quality of the fish was second to none, lovely large fillets, all individually packed and labelled so its easy for the cook, the packaging was great too, so everything arrived lovely and cool and intact. The fish was very good value for the quality of fish so I will be ordering again from John at Delish Fish.
- 1 large fillet Smoked haddock - undyed DelishFish's preferably
- 1 Leek - cleaned and cut into fine rings
- Risotto rice -
- Frozen petit pois - handful
- Fish stock - I used Essential cuisine
- Parsley or dill to garnish
- Olive oil
If feeling especially decadent you could top with a poached egg
- In a large frying pan warm a little olive oil, gently softened the leeks without colouring
- Next add your risotto rice and stir gently to coat the grains in the olive oil and cooking juices from the leek
- Next add a small quantity of your fish stock, stir and gently simmer until absorded
- Keep adding stock in small quantities and stirring until the rice is tender
- Microwave your fish on a plate covered with cling film and a couple of drops of water - a couple of minutes should do the trick.
- Once the rice is pretty much cooked add the frozen peas and little more stock , simmer for a few more minutes then stir in the flaked cooked fish and any juices on the plate
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve
This is lovely dish creamy in texture but with no added diary and light but satisfying, great if you are watching your figure too.