Who doesn't like sausages ? I love this dish as its one of those which you can pull together in a few minutes and then bung in the oven for an hour or so whilst you do something else, yet the results taste like you have been slaving our a hot stove for hours. The other great thing is if you have any leftovers (unlikely but you never know) is its fab served with pasta the next day. Loosely based on a JO recipe this is a great italian style family friendly dish.
You will need
- Quality sausages (high meat content ) - ask your local butcher
- Small cherry tomatoes / cherry plum or similar
- 2 garlic cloves - peeled and finely chopped
- Selection of fresh garden herbs (bay leaves, rosemary, thyme, oregano in my case)
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Oven proof dish of appropriate size
What you do
- Place the sausages, tomatoes in your ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the herbs and garlic and tuck in the bay leaves and rosemary, drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar and a little black pepper
- Bake in a preheat oven at 180c for approx 45 minutes until the sausages are cooked and the tomatoes soft and a little caramalised
- Serve with your choice of chunks of bread, mashed potato, pasta or in our case potato wedges.