Sunday 19 May 2013

Baking Brave for World Baking Day ! Rhubarb Custard cake


                                                       


Its world baking day and in its honour and to use some of the rhubarb rapidly taking over the garden, I am baking brave "Rhubarb custard cake ".

 I have never made this before and also never used straight custard powder in a cake before, I snaffled the recipe from Morrisons website here and have followed it to the letter, so we will see how it goes.

As for World baking day, as you know I don't need many excuses to bake but this sounds like a good one, an international celebration of baking across the world, and an excuse to try to something new, in other words to bake brave ! so here we go.






I'm also submitting this as part of Calender cakes run by Lauralovescakes and Dollybakes 
                                              Join the Baking Challenge




3 comments:

Choclette said...

Looks lovely Linzi

Elizabeth said...

Mmm looks fantastic! :)

Laura Loves Cakes said...

Thanks for entering this month's Calendar Cakes...I love your bake...you can't beat a bit of rhubarb and custard! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...