Monday 21 January 2013

Almond, amaretto and blueberry torte

This bake is inspired by the great Jo Wheatley - winner of the Great British bake off in 2011, I love making her raspberry and almond torte as featured in her book and also on the daily mail website here, I suggest if you are interested in baking you buy a copy as it contains some great no nonsense family recipes.


My variation on a theme is to pimp the cake by adding booze, in this case amaretto (thats inspired by a book Flavour Thesaurus - but thats another post) and to use blueberries rather than raspberries, obviously blueberries when cooked are more moist so the resultant cake is  slightly different in texture than Jo's version,  but very delicious all the same.

Ingredients - these were my additions and substitutions to the original recipe
  • 2 tbsp amaretto
  • 1/2 punnet blueberries

                                 
Jo is regularly on twitter and facebook and seems to be one of life's genuinely nice people despite what life throws at you, I tend to find most bakers are like that as when you bake you really are putting you heart and sole out there on a plate.

So buy her book , its fantastic . I purchased my copy and in respect for Jo, I am not publishing the recipe, just linking to where it is available in the publish domain.









2 comments:

Order Food Online said...

I just found your website and bookmarked it in delicious. There is a ton of good information here for me to learn from. Thanks for sharing.

Order Food Online

call center mydct said...

wow!!!First time i visit here ,i am not take my eye out very intersting

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...