Every wonder why a cream cracker is a "cream" cracker, well its because it contains cream, real diary cream. Hubby likes experimenting so he located a recipe, which is very easy and produces some tasty little crackers which would be great for serving with cheese, dips or a drinks nibble. You can sprinkle with extra sea salt, herbs or parmesan cheese, its up to you.
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2tsp salt
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl, mix.
- Add the cream and mix with your hand until you have a sort of dough.
- Now tip onto a floured surface and knead until you have a smooth dough.
- Wrap your ball of dough in cling wrap and let it rest at room temperature for about an hour.
- Now roll out very thinly , ideally between two pieces of baking paper, cut into your desired shape
- Bake at 170C for approx 15 mins maybe a little longer until lightly golden and the crackers are crispy.
Store in an airtight tin, if you can resist the temptation to eat them all at once.