Sunday 19 February 2012

Low Fat Oaty blueberry loaf cake

I try wherever possible to make my baking healthy, I am great believer in the positive benefits of a piece of cake and if it healthy too then great. This recipe features low fat or no fat yogurt, something I normally have in my fridge, the fabulous anti oxidant rich blueberry , but you could use blackberry if that works for you and the cholesterol reducing oat. Cinnamon is also featured ( one of my favourite spices ) which supposedly has the properties to help regulate blood sugar levels.
What I do know is it tastes good, so hopefully its doing you good too. Based on an american recipe for mufffins,I have pimped its health content by adding the oats and spices.



Ingredients
  • 1 cup of fresh blueberries
  • 1 3/4 cups of plain flour
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of sea salt
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup of caster sugar
  • 2/3 cup low fat / no fat plain yogurt
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1/4 cup skimmed milk
  • 2 eggs - free range
  • 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon - to make cinnamon sugar
Method.
  • Pre heat your oven to 180C
  • Spray a 2lb loaf tin with oil spray
  • Mix your first 7 ingredients in a bowl
  • Whisk up in a second bowl, your eggs, yoghurt, milk, and lemon juice
  • Add the wet mixture to your dry mixture and stir until well mixed
  • Pour / scoop into your prepared tin
  • Sprinkle the top with your cinnamon sugar
  • Bake for approx 35-45 mins until well risen, golden and when tested with a coktail stick cooked through
  • Cool in tin, serve in chunky slices.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was a really good post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort
to generate a superb article… but what can I say…
I put things off a whole lot and don't seem to get anything done.
Take a look at my site how to lower bad cholesterol naturally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...